Ontela is a start-up company that introduced PicDeck, an innovative service relating to better mobile imaging experience used by wireless subscribers. The service is being sold to mobile carriers who then offer the service to their clients. Ontela is faced with the question on which customer segments it should focus on for the service and how it should go about its positioning strategy. It is also contemplating on how to effectively plan its marketing communication in order to promote PicDeck.
Mohanbir Sawhney; Kent Grayson; Patrick Duprss; Christine Hsu
Harvard Business Review (KEL450-PDF-ENG)
December 01, 2009
Case questions answered:
- Critically evaluate the three customer personas provided in the case, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of selecting each of them as target customer segments for the Ontela PicDeck.
- Recommend which of the three customer personas are the most attractive for Ontela, and explain why.
- Create a positioning statement for each of the three customer personas, tailoring each one to best suit the audience.
- Estimate the potential market size for the PicDeck service in terms of the number of potential service users in the U.S., and the average/total number of pictures sent through the service per month.
- Think of and describe one more realistic customer persona that could be even more appealing as a target segment for Ontela's PicDeck service.
- Consider the key risks/disadvantages of using qualitative customer personas to select target customer segments.
Not the questions you were looking for? Submit your own questions & get answers.
Ontela PicDeck (A): Customer Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning Case Answers
Critically evaluate the three customer personas provided in the case, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of selecting each of them as target customer segments for the Ontela PicDeck.
The three customer personas in the case have the following advantages and disadvantages when selected as target customer segments for the Ontela PicDeck:
Recommend which of the three customer personas are the most attractive for Ontela, and explain why.
Steve should be the target of a company due to the following reasons…
Unlock Case Solution Now!
Get instant access to this case solution with a simple, one-time payment ($24.90).
- You'll be redirected to the full case solution.
- You will receive an access link to the solution via email.
Best decision to get my homework done faster!
MBA student, Boston