Get Full Access to this Case Solution NowUnlock Case Solution
This case study looks at the application of Database Marketing (DBM) for Harrah's. It looks into the objectives of the DBM program and whether it was effective or not for the company.
Rajiv Lal and Patricia Martone Carrolo
Harvard Business Review (502011-PDF-ENG)
October 25, 2001
Case questions answered:
- What are the objectives of the various Database Marketing programs and are they working for Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.?
- Why is it important to use the "customer worth" in the DBM efforts rather than the observed level of play?
- What are the three key aspects of Harrah's Entertainment, Inc.’s overall strategy that helped them differentiate from competitors?
- Is Harrah's IT strategy aligned with its business strategy? What compliments do they need to manage to achieve alignment?
- Is their Strategy Sustainable? Explain.
Not the questions you were looking for? Submit your own questions & get answers.
Case answers for Harrah's Entertainment, Inc.
You will receive access to two case study solutions! The second is not yet visible in the preview.
1. What are the objectives of the various Database Marketing programs and are they working for Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.
The objectives of various Database Marketing (DBM) program in the case of Harrah are illustrated below:
Objectives of DBM
New Business Program
- It is meant to encourage customers to take repeated trips by predicting customer worth and giving appropriate offers.
- It helps in identifying customers who gave only a small fraction of their spending to Harrah’s and incentivizing them to visit frequently.
- This program was aimed to make Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.’s the first choice while visiting multiple casinos.
- It was targeted for customers who were regular visitors but showed differing patterns in visiting.
Opinion on DBM
NEW BUSINESS PROGRAM
- Each month, Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.’s witnessed…
Unlock Case Solution Now!
Get instant access to this case solution with a simple, one-time payment ($24.90).
- You'll be redirected to the full case solution.
- You will receive an access link to the solution via email.