Delwarca Software supports global corporate clients by providing business software and corporate solutions such as software programs. Due to the complexity of some software, the company has to establish customer support. A new triage program was implemented by the manager of the remote support unit with the goal of reducing customer wait times and costs, as well as improving customer satisfaction. However, customers remained dissatisfied. The manager must review the current process and provide a recommendation for the company.
Roy D. Shapiro and Paul E. Morrison
Harvard Business Review (913541-PDF-ENG)
January 02, 2012
Case questions answered:
- What is the capacity utilization of the Remote Support Unit, and how is this affecting waiting times?
- What would be the effect on the capacity utilization of improving the productivity of the least productive two Associates and two Senior Associates to the current Rapid ID average?
- What would you recommend to Jack McKinnon? Or, if you were Jack McKinnon, what would you continue to do, and what would you stop doing?
Not the questions you were looking for? Submit your own questions & get answers.
Delwarca Software Remote Support Unit Case Answers
This case solution includes an Excel file with calculations.
1.) What is the capacity utilization of the Remote Support Unit, and how is this affecting waiting times?
In the old process, the calls coming through the Remote Support Unit were picked up by an operator. During that time, post-verification was put on hold for the next available associate or to a senior associate if specifically asked.
The effective capacity available for a day was 7 hrs per employee. Based on this, below is the calculation for utilization with the old process.
Based on the data provided, below are the wait times for associates and senior associates in the pre-Rapid ID and Rapid ID periods…
Unlock Case Solution Now!
Get instant access to this case solution with a simple, one-time payment ($24.90).
- You'll be redirected to the full case solution.
- You will receive an access link to the solution via email.
Best decision to get my homework done faster!
MBA student, Boston