The CoolIT Systems: Developing an Operations Strategy case study looks into how the organization is looking to develop its operations and supply chain strategy to better cater to the expectations and demands of its new customers.
P. Fraser Johnson, Ramasastry Chandrasekhar
Ivey Publishing (9B20D019)
Case questions answered:
- What process technologies are used in the operations of CoolIT Systems?
- How might recent changes and innovations in process technology affect the way these operations use their process technology?
- What advantages does the process technology bring to the operation itself and its customers?
- Provide an overview of the company in which you work and describe the strategy of the organization using Porter’s Generic Competitive Strategies; if you belong to a public sector organization, explain your mission or mandate.
- Who are the customers of the organization? What do the customers of the organization value? Describe the customer as the five performance objectives.
Not the questions you were looking for? Submit your own questions & get answers.
CoolIT Systems: Developing an Operations Strategy Case Answers
CoolIT Systems: Developing an Operations Strategy Case Study
The layout type is the integration of human resources and other organizational assets. Developing an operations strategy is essential to adopt new technology, which is deemed a roadmap to enhance the CoolIT Systems’ performance.
The organization’s layout, in this case, entails the use of liquid cooling technology solutions such as direct liquid central processing unit coolers. The liquid cooling technology solutions enhanced the performance of computers, especially in the high gaming market.
The technology replaced the on-board cooling fans, which were increasingly unable to control high temperatures since computers were prone to constant heating.
The approach utilized in determining the exact layout would be the use of the CoolIT Systems modular. This includes three sections that are analyzed, including the passive cold pate loop, the rack manifold, and the coolant distribution unit. A careful analysis will help understand the operation of the new cooling technology in the CPU systems.
1. What process technologies are used in the operations of CoolIT Systems?
The process technology to be utilized is the advanced liquid cooling solutions. This shall be used for large data centers to provide network and computing efficiency. Liquid cooling technology solutions are modern technology.
Many customers are looking forward to purchasing to address heating and capacity challenges experienced in large data centers. On the other hand, sales are likely to drastically increase following liquid cooling product production to boost CPU temperature regulation.
The new technology is meant to meet the customers’ expectations by availing reliable products such as quieter cooling products, which are also effective and easier to install.
2. How might recent changes and innovations in process technology affect the way these operations use their process technology?
The new technology is not like the traditional cooling systems utilized. Conventional cooling has used heat sink fans.
However, CoolIT Systems shall focus on using liquid cooling technology to upgrade performance in the gaming market. This is more effective as it will provide CPU temperature control performance.
The products are deemed to enhance performance as well, and this is mainly the computer system. Altogether, more experience in developing an operations strategy with the need for speed in gaming.
3. What advantages does the process technology bring to the operation itself and its customers?
The process technology brings advantages to the operation itself and its customers. The new technology in CoolIT Systems is…
Unlock Case Solution Now!
Get instant access to this case solution with a simple, one-time payment ($24.90).
- You'll be redirected to the full case solution.
- You will receive an access link to the solution via email.
Best decision to get my homework done faster!
MBA student, Boston